Biomass boilers are a fairly recent development in the alternative energy source sector. The technology has been rapidly advancing with new improvements being ushered in every month.
The most attractive feature of biomass boilers is that biomass is a renewable source of energy. The reason it’s so popular is also because it is high in carbon content.
Tips for potential buyers
Biomass is a very viable source of energy. However, there are a few valuable tips for potential buyers.
- It is important to ensure a supply chain is in place before purchasing a biomass boiler. A biomass boiler requires an uninterrupted supply of biomass due to its slow startup time. Find woodchip suppliers
- Ensure there is enough space for a biomass boiler and the ancillary equipment. The location of the boiler should also be strategic to ensure least exposure of connecting pipes to the outside cold.
- Check with the equipment supplier if a chimney is required. Make the necessary arrangements if so.
- Piping is also an important aspect of biomass boiler installation. Check with a plumber to see if any plumbing changes are necessary.
Biomass in Somerset is a growing addition to the existing energy scenario. As a result, many users see their winter electricity bills going down from the use of biomass boilers. The heated water can be used for bath purposes of even as the heating medium in radiant heat pipes used to heat homes.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Biomass
While biomass may seem the like the solution to all your heating needs and appeal to the environmentalist in you, the pros and cons still need to be weighed against each other.
- High Carbon Content in woodchips. Also, if you are unable to find a private woodchip supplier, you can always stay on the lookout for a nearby wood chipping service.
- Not all fuel needs to be stocked and stored by the equipment.
- Biomass in Somerset is a great way to save on the ever rising electricity needs of a home. Biomass boilers can be used to heat water or even run a small steam turbine that can generate substantial power for your home.
- Depending on the design, some biomass boilers can fit into compact spaces.
- High initial cost due the complexity of equipment and installation costs.
- If using a wood chipping service, you must provide the raw material or make arrangements for the same.
- Sometimes biomass burns black releasing soot and ash into the air. Maintenance and repair costs could also be heavy.
- The equipment would mostly lie dormant in the summer months. For this reason, they are best utilized in colder regions.
So go to your nearest biomass boiler supplier with your winter electric bill today and discuss your possible options to install and use a biomass boiler.
And remember, although it may seem like a steep cost to purchase and install these boilers, they are a very effective way of burning bio-waste and are a much better option than fossil fuel consumption.